Databases by Name
- Academic Search Main Edition
- Access Pennsylvania: See PA Electronic Library Catalog
- Ancestry /Library Edition: (In Library Use Only) Genealogical database, including census records.
- AP Images: (POWER Library) Current and historical photographs.
- BookFlix: (POWER Library) Children's fictional video storybooks and related nonfiction ebooks.
- Business Source Main Edition: (POWER Library) General business magazines, scholarly journals and trade periodicals. Full text starts in 1985.
- Canadian Businesses: Phone-verified information for 1.5 million Canadian businesses.
- Canadian White Pages:12 million Canadian household records, all publicly sourced to compile with Canadian privacy laws.
- ChescoPIN (In Library Use Only) Chester County public real estate, court, and will records.
- Consumer Health Complete: (POWER Library) Information about health and wellness.
- Contemporary Authors: (POWER Library) Guide to current authors in popular fields, based on the print set Contemporary Authors.
- CyberSmarts: (POWER Library) How to deal with important online safety issues.
- Daily Local News Index: (In Library Use Only) Index to major stories from 1985 to 2005.
- Driver's Education - Practice Tests and Handbooks: Free online driver education program for individuals preparing to take permit exams at the Department of Motor Vehicles. Contains practice tests and handbooks for automobile and motorcycle driving, including the following state-specific information:
- 10 car practice tests
- 5 motorcycle practice tests
- 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions
- Dun & Bradstreet Business Browser:(in-library use only) Search more than 110 million businesses around the world by company name, company executives, industry, or news articles. Business data includes annual revenues, employee counts, corporate family structure, lines of business, analyst reports, SWOT reports, and stock data.
- ebooks on EBSCOhost: (POWER Library) Full text books in a variety of fields
- Explora: (POWER Library) Provides subject overviews, full text for magazine articles, an image collection and AP clips.
- Flipster: Access 42 digital magazines anywhere you are with an active Chester County Library System card. Simple and convenient to use, especially when on-the-go and traveling! Some titles include: HGTV Magazine, Rolling Stone, Clean Eating, Real Simple, and House Beautiful.
- Foundation Online Directory Quick Start: Includes basic profiles of nearly 90,000 U.S. foundations. Users can search by name, EIN, and location. Profiles include a foundation's background, purpose and activities statement, program area(s), fields of interest, financial data, and 990-PFs. For more advanced search options, such as program and interest field searches, visit the Chester County Library, Exton, to use Foundation Directory Online Professional
- Foundation Directory Online Professional: (In-library use at Chester County Library only. Desktop computer access only.) A premier grantseeking research tool. Includes over 140,000 U.S. foundations and corporate donors, over three million recent grants, and over half a million key decision makers. Updated weekly.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online: (In-library use at Chester County Library only. Desktop computer access only.) Find funders that provide scholarships, fellowships, grants, and a wide range of financial support to individuals.
- Foundation Maps: (In-library use at Chester County Library desktops only. Desktop computer access only.) The Foundation Center's interactive mapping tool. Display grantmaker, grant recipient, and grants data using maps, charts, and lists.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: A collection of reference titles in the arts, biography, business, education, environment, general reference, history, literature, medicine, nation and world, science, and the social sciences.
- GreenFILE: (POWER Library) Information covering all aspects of human impact on the environment.
Back to Top
- HeritageQuest: Genealogy and local history resources including periodical articles.
J Back to Top
Back to Top
- Learning Express Library:Tests, exercises and skill building courses for elementary through college students, GED preparation, computer skills, preparation for many standardized tests and U.S. citizenship. Interactive courses in Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, Windows and Mac operating systems.
- LISTA Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts: (LISTA) (POWER Library) Abstracts of journals, books, reports and proceedings in library science
- Mango Languages: Mango is the fast, easy, and most effective way to learn to speak a foreign language.
- MasterFile Premier Provides subject overviews, full text for magazine articles, an image collection and AP clips. Excellent resource for student research and classroom instruction. Information is rich, reliable, and easy-to-use.
- Middle Search Main Edition (POWER Library) Full text magazine articles, biographies and historical essays, primary source documents, images, maps and flags.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center login using the username chester and password library. The Chester County Library System is considering a subscription to Morningstar Investment Research Center, an easy to navigate database designed for libraries to help patrons meet their investment goals. We have arranged for a trial and are inviting all of our patrons to use this database as much and as often as you'd like through August 19, 2018. Please remember, this is only a trial and a future subscription is not guaranteed. When you're done exploring, please tell us what you think by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- netLibrary: see eBooks on EBSCOhost
- Newspaper Source Plus: (POWER Library) Full text for 40+ U.S. and international newspapers. Selected full text for 330 U.S. regional newspapers.
- New York Times Includes articles from the New York Times from 1981 to the present, and an archive from 1851-1922. To access within a library, create a free account on nytimes.com and log in with your email address and password.
- NextReads: Book suggestions in up to twenty different subject areas delivered to your email. Find the NextReads Archives here.
- NoveList Plus Find reading recommendations including reviews, lists, articles, and more. Use NoveList to find read-alikes in both fiction and non-fiction for readers of all ages. NoveList also has series information, award winners, best-of lists, top ten lists, and much more!
Back to Top
- Public Library Search: (POWER Library) Integrated catalog of 3,000 Pennsylvania school, public, academic and special libraries.
- Philadelphia Inquirer Image Edition (January 2018 - Present) - Scanned copies of the complete issues, including advertisements, classified, obituaries, etc. Search entire issue or current page; export features include citation format, print, e-mail, and download.
- Philadelphia Inquirer Historical Archive (1830-1922): Full text articles, photos and obituaries.
- Primary Search Main Edition: (POWER Library) Full text magazines for elementary school students, biographies and books, images, maps and flags.
- Refer Web: Health and human services available in Chester County.
- ReferenceUSA: U.S. Businesses: Search more than 24 million private and public businesses for information on competition, business demographics, and target markets.
- Science Reference Center: (POWER Library)
- SIRS Discoverer: (POWER Library) Full-text articles and images for students from national and international newspapers, magazines and government documents.
- Teacher Reference Center: (POWER Library) Indexing and abstracts for 260 journals and magazines for teachers and administrators.
TrueFlix: is a multimedia literacy-based read aloud experience for young children that includes: interactive games, author biographies, video adaptations, Spanish translated pairs, read alouds, and digital nonfiction flipbooks.
- U.S. Consumers / Lifestyles: Use this database of over 203 million U.S. consumers for market research or to locate friends and relatives.
- U.S. Healthcare: 855,000 records of doctors and dentists, all of which have been phone-verified.
- U.S. New Businesses: 50,000 new businesses added weekly; identify local business trends and build client base.
- U.S. New Movers/Homeowners: More than 300,000 movers and homeowners added weekly. Great source for small businesses and entrepreneurs to expand client base.
- U.S. Standard White Pages: Use this database of over 89 million U.S. resident for market research or to locate friends and relatives.