- Our Resources
- Databases by Name
Databases by Name
- Academic One File (POWER Library): Find peer-reviewed, full-text articles from journals in the areas of the physical and social sciences, technology, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and more. Undergraduate researchers can expand and refine search results through the Topic Finder and citation tools are integrated directly into the user’s workflow.
- Academic Search Main Edition (POWER Library): About 1,800 full-text journals and 1,300 that are full-text and peer-reviewed. Subjects include biology, chemistry, engineering, physics, psychology, religion, and theology.
- Access Pennsylvania: See PA Electronic Library Catalog
- Ancestry /Library Edition: (In Library Use Only) Genealogical database, including census records.
- AP Newsroom (POWER Library): Current and historical news and photographs.
- Auto Repair Source (POWER Library): Discover the most accurate, authoritative and up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles. All content comes from the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and includes step-by-step repair information, diagrams, maintenance schedules, parts and labor estimates, service bulletins and recalls.
- Black Freedom Struggle: The Black Freedom Struggle website is freely available to students, educators and patrons. This curated selection of primary sources is designed for teaching and learning about the struggles and triumphs of Black Americans. Developed with input from Black history scholars and advisors, its easily discoverable materials are ideal for assignments and special projects focused on U.S. Black history.
- BookFlix (POWER Library): Children's fictional video storybooks and related nonfiction ebooks.
- Books & Authors (POWER Library): Discover fiction and non-fiction books that match your interests! Books and Authors (powered by Gale's popular What Do I Read Next? series) is for readers from every level of reading proficiency and enables users to explore the endless possibilities and combinations of books, authors, genres and topics from more than 240,000 titles.
- Books, movies and more in a PA library (Access PA Catalog): Search a single catalog reflecting the holdings of over 1,500 Pennsylvania libraries and their combined collections of over 41 million books, audio materials, reference materials, movies, and much more.
- Business Source Premier: An essential article database for business research providing the full text for more than 2,000 periodicals, including about 1,000 scholarly journals. Covers virtually all disciplines in business and economics, including: accounting, economics, econometrics, finance, marketing, management, MIS, QMM and supply chain management.
- Canadian Businesses: Phone-verified information for 1.5 million Canadian businesses.
- Canadian White Pages:12 million Canadian household records, all publicly sourced to compile with Canadian privacy laws.
- ChescoPIN (In Library Use Only) Chester County public real estate, court, and will records.
- Cisco Networking Academy: Free, online, self-paced technology courses. Designed to help community members explore potential career pathways, develop technical mastery, and build critical thinking and problem-solving skills needed to succeed.
- Contemporary Authors (POWER Library): Guide to current authors in popular fields, based on the print set Contemporary Authors.
- Creativebug: Experience the joy of making with thousands of award-winning video classes taught by top designers and artists. Classes range from beginner to advance skill level and include fiber, fabric, paper, food, and jewelry art and craft topics.
- CyberSmarts (POWER Library): How to deal with important online safety issues.
- Driver's Education - Practice Tests and Handbooks: Free online driver education program for individuals preparing to take permit exams at the Department of Motor Vehicles. Contains practice tests and handbooks for automobile and motorcycle driving, including the following state-specific information:
- 10 car practice tests
- 5 motorcycle practice tests
- 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions
- ebooks on EBSCOhost (POWER Library): Full text books in a variety of fields
- Educator’s Reference Complete (POWER Library): Access over 1,100 academic journals and ERIC database reports in the field of education. Key subject areas include administration, bilingual education, child development and psychology, funding, health education, technology, and testing.
- Explora: Provides subject overviews, full text for magazine articles, an image collection and AP clips.
- Flipster: Access over 100 titles anywhere you are with an active Chester County Library System card. Simple and convenient to use, especially when on-the-go and traveling! Some titles include: HGTV Magazine, Rolling Stone, Clean Eating, Real Simple, and House Beautiful.
- Foundation Directory Online Essential: (Remote Access Only) Foundation Center by Candid is offering free remote access to their Foundation Center Essential during this time for nonprofits to search for funding opportunities. This valuable resource includes: 103,000+ expanded grantmaker profiles, 300,000+ key decision makers and leaders, searchable 990s and 990-PDFs, and FDO Workspace.
- To access Foundation Directory Online Essential remotely, you'll need to:
- Log into your Library Account using "My Account Login"
- Once logged in, you'll see a link in the middle of the landing page that says "Click here to access Foundation Directory Online Essential remotely."
- Contact Us if your library card number and/or PIN does not work.
- Foundation Online Directory Quick Start: Includes basic profiles of over 140,000 U.S. foundations. Users can search by name, EIN, and location. Profiles include a foundation's background, purpose and activities statement, program area(s), fields of interest, financial data, and 990-PFs. For more advanced search options, such as program and interest field searches. Visit the Chester County Library, Exton, to use Foundation Directory Online Professional.
- Foundation Directory Online Professional: (In-library use at Chester County Library only. Desktop computer access only.) A premier grantseeking research tool. Includes over 140,000 U.S. foundations and corporate donors, over three million recent grants, and over half a million key decision makers. Updated weekly.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online: (In-library use at Chester County Library only. Desktop computer access only.) Find funders that provide scholarships, fellowships, grants, and a wide range of financial support to individuals.
- Foundation Maps: (In-library use at Chester County Library desktops only. Desktop computer access only.) The Foundation Center's interactive mapping tool. Display grantmaker, grant recipient, and grants data using maps, charts, and lists.
- Gale Business Insights: Essentials (POWER Library): Offers in-depth coverage of businesses, including company profiles, industry profiles, products and brands, financial reports, company rankings, histories, and full-text periodical articles. Business Insights: Essentials offers robust online tools for analytics.
- Gale eBooks (formerly known as Gale Virtual Reference Library) (POWER Library): A collection of reference titles in the arts, biography, business, education, environment, general reference, history, literature, medicine, nation and world, science, and the social sciences.
- Gale eBooks (formerly known as Gale Virtual Reference Library) (Chester County Library): A collection of reference titles in the arts, biography, business, education, environment, general reference, history, literature, medicine, nation and world, science, and the social sciences. Includes the Business Plans Handbook series.
- General OneFile (POWER Library): Explore this general-interest periodical resource offering nearly more than 15,000 titles with more than 8,800 in full text. With millions of articles available in PDF and HTML full-text, the collection is also supplemented by reference, newspaper, and audio content.
- GreenFILE (POWER Library): GreenFILE offers well-researched information covering all aspects of human impact to the environment. Its collection of scholarly, government and general-interest titles includes content on global warming, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, recycling, and more. The database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 384,000 records, as well as Open Access full text for more than 4,700 records.
- Health and Wellness (POWER Library): Discover reliable health information through access to full-text articles of nursing and allied health journals, pamphlets, newsletters, periodicals, newspapers, encyclopedias, and more. A broad collection of full-text reference works is included!
- HeritageQuest: Genealogy and local history resources including periodical articles.
- IN CONTEXT: Environmental Studies (POWER Library): Global Reference on the Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources offers researchers an interdisciplinary resource for environment and sustainability studies. IN CONTEXT: Environmental Studies provides news, background information, video, commentaries, primary source documents and statistics in relevant topic areas such as energy systems, healthcare, food, climate change, population, and economic development.
- IN CONTEXT: Middle School (POWER Library): Discover reliable and trusted information on a variety of topics to support middle school student research for government, U.S and world history, geography, literature, sciences, and social issues. Research In Context offers cross-curricular content aligned to national and state standards, and presents material organized into a highly visual and topic portal approach to quickly find answers.
- Informe Académico: supports Spanish-speaking researchers with a wide range of full-text Spanish- and Portuguese-language scholarly journals and magazines both from and about Latin America. Use the Topic Finder—a visual search tool—to discover new facets of a topic, or use the Readspeaker text-to-speech tool that allows text to be read aloud.
- Kanopy: An on-demand streaming video platform for public and academic libraries that offers films, TV shows and documentaries.
- Kids InfoBits (POWER Library): Elementary students in kindergarten through grade five will find age-appropriate content covering a broad range of educational topics such as animals, arts, geography, health, literature, people, social studies, technology, etc. Kids InfoBits includes full-text proprietary content from Blackbirch Press®, U-X-L, KidHaven Press™, and more! Content is continuously updated and provides interesting and important facts with connections to current and past events.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (POWER Library): Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) indexes more than 560 core journals, nearly 50 priority journals, and nearly 125 selective journals; plus books, research reports and proceedings. Subject coverage includes librarianship, classification, cataloging, bibliometrics, online information retrieval, information management and more. Coverage in the database extends back as far as the mid-1960s.
- LitFinder (POWER Library): Discover literature content from more than 150,000 full-text poems, 840,000 poem citations and excerpts, 7,100 full-text short stories and novels, 3,800 full-text essays published in the 16th-20th centuries, 2,400 full-text speeches, and 1,250 full-text plays. It also includes biographies, work summaries, photographs, and a glossary. Within LitFinder's collection, users can access works from over 80,000 authors from 660 nationalities.
- Mango Languages: Mango is the fast, easy, and most effective way to learn to speak a foreign language.
- MasterFile Premier Provides subject overviews, full text for magazine articles (including Consumer Reports Magazine and Consumer Reports Buying Guides), an image collection and AP clips. Excellent resource for student research and classroom instruction. Information is rich, reliable, and easy-to-use.
- News for You Digital Access: 'News for you' is a weekly news publication written at a basic adult English level for ESL speakers and others with limited English proficiency. 'News for You' includes weekly assignments for ESL students and teachers. Contact the Reference Desk at 610-344-5957 or email@example.com for login credentials.
- New York Times: Includes articles from the New York Times from 1981 to the present, and an archive from 1851-1922. To access within a library, create a free account on nytimes.com and log in with your email address and password. Use the link above when in the library or using the library's wifi network. Use the Remote Access link below if you are not on the library wifi.
- NextReads: Book suggestions in up to twenty different subject areas delivered to your email. Find the NextReads Archives here.
- NoveList Plus Find reading recommendations including reviews, lists, articles, and more. Use NoveList to find read-alikes in both fiction and non-fiction for readers of all ages. NoveList also has series information, award winners, best-of lists, top ten lists, and much more!
- ONEFILE: High School Edition (POWER Library): Secondary school students will have access to age-appropriate content from magazines, journals, newspapers, reference books, and engaging multi-media covering a wide range of subjects, from science, history, and literature to political science, sports, and environmental studies.
- ONEFILE: News (POWER Library): Browse and read full-text newspapers from more than 2,300 major U.S. regional, national, and local newspapers, plus leading titles from around the world, or search articles instantly by title, headline, date, author, newspaper section, or other fields. InfoTrac Newsstand also includes thousands of images, radio and TV broadcasts, and transcripts.
- Pennsylvania Job Resources (POWER Library) - Discover job resources for Pennsylvania job seekers and employers. These Pennsylvania government provided resources are designed to help you find a good career, review job openings, and match you with employers.
- Philadelphia Inquirer Current & Historical -Scanned copies of the complete issues from 1829-1922 and January 2018 to current, including advertisements, classified, obituaries, etc. Search entire issue or current page; export features include citation format, print,e-mail, and download. Full text of articles from 1981-current.
- Reference Solutions (formerly ReferenceUSA): Search millions of private and public businesses for information on competition, business demographics, and target markets. Reference Solutions step-by-step guides, webinars, and training materials are available to help you better understand how to use the search features and produce a strategy at home, on the go, or at the Library.
- Science Reference Center (POWER Library): Perform research from hundreds of full text science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, and other reliable sources. View more than 280,000 high-quality science images from sources such as UPI, Getty, NASA, National Geographic and the Nature Picture Library.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center (POWER Library): Find detailed repair guides for all types of small engines. Offers assistance in providing routine maintenance (tune-ups, break service) as well as extensive repairs such as engine and transmission disassembly. Search by product type, brand, model/engine type, specific area of model/engine type and model numbers.
- Statista: Find statistical information, company dossiers, topical reports, and high-quality infographics. With an international focus, this resource offers statistics on a wide variety of industries and topics such as communications, education, health care, and hospitality.
- Access Statista from inside the library.
Access Statista from outside the library using your Chester County Library System card and PIN. Don't have a PIN? Click here for help.
- Teacher Reference Center (POWER Library): Teacher Reference Center provides indexing and abstracts for 280 of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
- TrueFlix (POWER Library): is a multimedia literacy-based read aloud experience for young children that includes: interactive games, author biographies, video adaptations, Spanish translated pairs, read alouds, and digital nonfiction flipbooks.
- U.S. Consumers / Lifestyles: Use this database of over 203 million U.S. consumers for market research or to locate friends and relatives.
- U.S. Healthcare: 855,000 records of doctors and dentists, all of which have been phone-verified.
- U.S. New Businesses: 50,000 new businesses added weekly; identify local business trends and build client base.
- U.S. New Movers/Homeowners: More than 300,000 movers and homeowners added weekly. Great source for small businesses and entrepreneurs to expand client base.
- U.S. Standard White Pages: Use this database of over 89 million U.S. resident for market research or to locate friends and relatives.