- General Investing
- Government and Municipal Bonds
- Investor Education
- Marketing Indices
- Mutual Funds
- Retirement Information
- Stock Research
Back to top
Government Savings Bonds & Municipal Bonds
- U.S. Savings Bonds Online
- Savings Bond Calculator
- Treasury Bills, Notes and Bonds
- EMMA: Electronic Municipal Market Access: a service of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board. EMMA is the official repository for information on virtually all municipal bonds, providing free access to official disclosures, trade data and other information about the municipal securities market.
- Path to Investing: Investor education site from the Foundation for Investor Education.
- Investor Information from the SEC. Information and advice on avoiding fraud from the SEC's Office of Investor Education and Assistance. Also check out the SEC Online Publications for Investors.
- Investor's Clearinghouse from the Alliance for Investor Education
- Investor Education from FINRA
- Investopedia: the largest financial education website in the world. Powered by a team of data scientists and financial experts, Investopedia offers timely, trusted and actionable financial information for every investor, from early investors to financial advisors to high net worth individuals.
- Dow Jones Indexes: Statistics on the Dow Jones indexes.
- Standard & Poor's Indices: S&P Dow Jones Indices
- NASDAQ Market Indices: NASDAQ Major Stock Indices
Back to top
- Social Security Administration Retirement Calculator: Use to estimate your retirement benefits.
- Yahoo Ticker Symbol lookup: Search for ticker symbols by name
- Yahoo Quotes
- Big Charts
- Google: Brings up stock quotes from Yahoo Finance, Quicken, Fool.com, MSN Money Central, and Clear Station. To access Stock Quotes: Type ticker symbol into search box and click Google Search.
- Big Charts (Jan 1985 on)
- Yahoo Historical (1970 on): Enter symbol into search box; choose Historical Prices from left column.
- New York Stock Exchange
- American Stock Exchange
- OTC Bulletin Board
- Pink Sheets Philadelphia Stock Exchange
- Stock and Commodity Exchanges from Rutgers University Libraries: A nice compilation of stock and commodity exchanges for the U.S. and other world markets.
- EDGAR (SEC Filings and Forms): Public companies are required to file information with the SEC. Use EDGAR to access these forms. This is a great resource for investment information on public companies.
- Types of forms:
- 8-K: "current report” listing important events to investors
- 10-K: annual report filed with the SEC
- 10-Q: quarterly report "providing a continuing view of the company's financial position”
- Business and Company Resource Center (BCRC): BCRC contains investment reports from a variety of analysts. To access: Enter the company name in the Search Term box. In the next box, choose Company Search. Click Search. A search results page will be displayed. Click on the name of the appropriate company. Look at the tabs near the top of the page. If the Investment Reports tab is active (tabs that are active will turn yellow when the mouse is moved over them), there is an investment report for that company.
- InvestorGuide.com: Click on Research to use the Stock Research tool. Search for one ticker symbol and find information from a variety of sources with only one search.