Law & Legal Information
- Congress.gov: This website contains legislative information from the Library of Congress. It covers Federal Bills, roll call votes, Congressional Record, Schedules and Calendars as well as Federal Laws. It also has the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence as well as other historical documents.
- Cornell University Legal Information Institute: The Cornell Law School Legal Information Institute website contains U.S. Code, Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Laws, Supreme Court opinions as well as Federal Court opinions.
- Law Library of Congress: Annotated guides to online sources of information on government and law.
- Office of the Law Revision Counsel – United States Code: A consolidation and codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the United States.
- Supreme Court: Contains Supreme Court opinions, oral arguments, biographies of Supreme Court justices, and court rules.
- US Government Publishing Office: Browse public and private laws, US code, US court opinions, and more.
- United States Courts: Links to federal court websites.
- Pennsylvania Manual: Comprehensive information on Pennsylvania Government. Also includes Pennsylvania history and the Pennsylvania Constitution.
- PA State Homepage: Contains information on the Pennsylvania Government, Pennsylvania Laws, Pennsylvania Constitution and Pennsylvania Bulletin.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Legislative Reference Bureau: This website contains the laws of Pennsylvania from 1682 up to the most recently completed session of the Pennsylvania General Assembly.
- Pennsylvania Code: Contains the Code of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Bulletin: Contains the Pennsylvania Bulletin back to 1996.
- Jenkins Law Library: Contains information on Pennsylvania Court Opinions from 1996.
- Pennsylvania's Unified Judicial System: Contains Pennsylvania Court docket sheets and court calendars as well as other court services.
- Chester County
Municipal & Local Information
- State and Local Government Internet Directory: State, county, and city government locator.
- Legal Aid of Southeastern PA: Quality legal representation and education for low-income and vulnerable people in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery County.
- Jenkins Law Library: Contains legal forms for both Federal and State.
- Find Law: Also contains legal forms both Federal and State as well as information on attorneys and law firms by practice area or state.
- Martindale-Hubbell: Useful for locating an attorney or law firm by practice area or state.
- Nolo Legal Topics: Covers many legal topics by subject area.
- Court Listener: Search millions of opinions by case name, topic, or citation.
- Justia: Free and easy to find legal materials and consumer information. Case law, codes, regulations, and legal articles.
- Cornell Law Legal Information Institute
- Nolo's List of Helpful Legal Websites
- PALawHelp.org: Information, answers, and resources for many civil legal questions.
- VINELink Victim Notification Network: Provides information on custody status changes and criminal case updates.
Pennsylvania Divorce Information (also see the Chester County section)
- Representing Yourself in Divorce Proceedings in Pennsylvania
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association: Divorce Law in Pennsylvania.
- PALawHelp.org: Marriage, divorce and separation.
- PALawHelp.org : Divorce Law in Pennsylvania.
- PALawHelp.org: Divorce Proceedings - Representing Yourself
- Pennsylvania Divorce Statute
Wills, Estates, and Power of Attorney
- AARP : Health Care Directive
- Nolo: Pennsylvania Living Wills and Advance Directives: Living wills and power of attorney.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization: Information on advance directives, palliative care, caregiving and hospice care.
- Orphans’ Court Forms: Scroll down to Register of Wills.
- PALawHelp.org: Wills and estates - legal Information.
- PALawHelp.org: Advance Directives, Guardianships, Powers of Attorney, and Living Wills.
- Pennsylvania Living Will Statute: Scroll down to Subchapter B – Living Wills.
- Pennsylvania Powers of Attorney Statute
Tenant Rights and Discrimination Law Regarding Housing
- Basic Pennsylvania Tenant Rights
- Homeless Advocacy Project
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Pennsylvania Landlord/Tenant Law
- Rights to a Safe Home
- PALawHelp.org: Housing Discrimination and Fair Housing
- Tenant Rights, Laws and Protections in Pennsylvania
Civil Rights, Discrimination Assistance, and Advocacy in Pennsylvania
- AIDS Law Project of Pennsylvania
- American Civil Liberties Union of PA
- Community Legal Services of Philadelphia
- Disability Rights Pennsylvania
- Education Law Center: Access to a quality public education for all children in Pennsylvania.
- Justice at Work: Legal services for low wage and immigrant workers in Pennsylvania.
- HIAS Pennsylvania: Legal and supportive services to immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers from all backgrounds.
- Legal Clinic for the Disabled
- Nationalities Service Center: Services for newly arriving refugees, victims of human trafficking, and unaccompanied children.
- Pennsylvania Civil Rights Attorneys
- Pennsylvania Health Law Project
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission
- Senior Law Center
- Woman Against Abuse
- Women’s Law Project