Law & Legal Information
- Congress.gov: This website contains legislative information from the Library of Congress. It covers Federal Bills, roll call votes, Congressional Record, Schedules and Calendars as well as Federal Laws. It also has the U.S. Constitution and the Declaration of Independence as well as other historical documents.
- Find Law : Contains Federal Laws arranged by subject.
- Cornell University: The Cornell Law School website contains U.S. Code, Code of Federal Regulations, Federal Laws, Supreme Court opinions as well as Federal Court opinions.
- Library of Congress Guide to Law Online: An annotated guide to online sources of information on government and law.
- Office of the Law Revision Counsel – United States Code: A consolidation and codification by subject matter of the general and permanent laws of the United States.
- Supreme Court: Contains Supreme Court opinions, oral arguments, biographies of Supreme Court justices, and court rules.
- US Government Publishing Office: Browse public and private laws, US code, US court opinions, and more.
- United States Courts: Links to federal court websites.
- Pennsylvania Manual: Comprehensive information on Pennsylvania Government. Also includes Pennsylvania history, Pennsylvania Constitution.
- PA State Homepage: Contains information on the Pennsylvania Government, Pennsylvania Laws, Pennsylvania Constitution and Pennsylvania Bulletin.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Legislative Reference Bureau: This website contains the laws of Pennsylvania from 1682 up to the most recently completed session of the Pennsylvania General Assembly.
- Pennsylvania Code: Contains the Code of Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania Bulletin: Contains the Pennsylvania Bulletin back to 1996.
- Find Law: Contains Pennsylvania Code and Statutes for Pennsylvania as well as laws for other states.
- Jenkins Law Library: Contains information on Pennsylvania Court Opinions from 1996.
- Pennsylvania's Unified Judicial System: Contains Pennsylvania Court Opinions as well as disciplinary board.
- National Center for State Courts
- The Unified Judicial System of Pennsylvania Web Portal
- Chester County
Municipal & Local Information
- State and Local Government on the Net: State, county, and city government locator.
- Legal Aid of Southeastern PA: Quality legal representation and education for low-income and vulnerable people in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery County.
- Jenkins Law Library: Contains legal forms both Federal and State. Choose research tools and then research links. Under other resources select legal forms.
- Find Law: Also contains legal forms both Federal and State. As well as information on attorneys and law firms by practice area or state.
- Martindale-Hubbell: Useful for locating an attorney or law firm by practice area or state.
- Nolo Legal Topics: Covers many legal topics by subject area.
- Court Listener: Search millions of opinions by case name, topic, or citation.
- Justia: Free and easy to find legal materials and consumer information. Case law, codes, regulations, and legal articles.
- Legal Information Institute
- Nolo's List of Helpful Legal Websites
- PALawHelp.org: Information, answers, and resources for many civil legal questions.
- Public Library of Law: One of the world's largest free law libraries.
- VINELink Victim Notification Network: Victims have the right to know. Search for prison inmates and sign-up for release notifications.
- WashLaw: Washburn University School of Law’s national and international legal research on the web.
Pennsylvania Divorce Information (also see the Chester County section)
- Divorce Proceedings in Pennsylvania
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association: Divorce Law in Pennsylvania.
- PALawHelp.org: Marriage, divorce and separation.
- PALawHelp.org : Divorce Law in Pennsylvania.
- PALawHelp.org: Divorce Proceedings - Representing Yourself: forms and information from the Pennsylvania Courts.
- Pennsylvania Divorce Statute
Wills, Estates, and Power of Attorney
- AARP : Health Care Directive
- Healthcare Decisions: Living wills and power of attorney.
- LegalZoom: Creating your estate plan is easier than you think.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization: Advance Directives information.
- Orphans’ Court Forms: Scroll down to Register of Wills.
- PALawHelp.org: Wills and estates - legal Information.
- PALawHelp.org: Advance Directives, Guardianships, Powers of Attorney, and Living Wills.
- Pennsylvania Living Will Statute: Scroll down to Subchapter B – Living Wills.
- Pennsylvania Power of Attorney Statute
- PowerofAttorney.com: Power of Attorney forms by state.
Tenant Rights and Discrimination Law Regarding Housing
- Basic Pennsylvania Tenant Rights
- Homeless Advocacy Project
- HUD – The Fair Housing Act
- Pennsylvania Landlord/Tenant Law
- Rights to a Safe Home
- PALawHelp.org: Housing Discrimination and Fair Housing
- Tenant Rights, Laws and Protections in Pennsylvania
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Civil Rights, Discrimination Assistance, and Advocacy in Pennsylvania
- AIDS Law Project of Philadelphia
- American Civil Liberties Union of PA
- Community Legal Services of Philadelphia
- Disability Rights Network of PA
- Education Law Center: Access to a quality public education for all children in Pennsylvania.
- Equality Advocates PA: Equality and opportunity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Pennsylvanians.
- Friends of Farmworkers: Legal services for low wage immigrant workers in Pennsylvania.
- HIAS Pennsylvania: Legal and supportive services to immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers from all backgrounds.
- Legal Clinic for the Disabled
- Nationalities Service Center: Services for newly arriving refugees, victims of human trafficking, and unaccompanied children.
- Pennsylvania American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Pennsylvania Civil Rights Attorneys
- Pennsylvania Health Law Project
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Act
- Senior Law Center
- Woman Against Abuse
- Women’s Law Project