Skip to Main Content
Do Not Show Again
How Do I...
Select a Category
signing in or creating an account
, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.
Sign in to Save Progress
Library Card Application Form
This form has been modified since it was saved. Please review all fields before submitting.
Instructions on How to Apply for a Library Card Online for adults 18 years and older
1. You are eligible for a free library card if you live, work, own property or attend school in Chester County. Out-of-County residents who are ACCESS PA cardholders qualify for a free library card under the ACCESS PA Statewide Library card program. For all others who wish to obtain a library card, but do not meet eligibility requirements listed above, an Out-of-County fee of up to $20 may apply.
2. If you do not have an e-mail address then you cannot submit this online form. Instead, go the
Get A Library Card Page
, scroll to the end of the page and choose a form to print out, fill in and bring out and bring to your local library.
3. Once you have completed the form click the "submit” button. We will process your application and you should expect to receive your new card in the mail within 3 - 5 business days.
4. The card will have an expiration of approximately 90 days. You can check the exact date by logging into your account, once you receive your card. Click
to log into your account.
5. Patrons who register online will be required to show valid ID (i.e.,driver's license with name and address) before they may borrow materials. Photo ID is preferred but not required, as long as the document shown verifies name and address information.
6. Once your address information is verified your borrowing privileges will be established and you will be able to borrow materials at any of the Chester County Library System member libraries.
If you have any questions, contact your
for further assistance.
If you are applying for someone under the age of 18 years old, please print and fill out the child application.
Child Library Card Application
Note: Please be sure to bring valid ID (i.e., driver's license) verifying your current address with you to the library the first time you plan to borrow materials.
Note: P.O. Box Address cannot be accepted
(Library notices will be emailed to this address)
Non County Resident Authorization
If not a Chester County resident, please specify reason for request.
CCLS member libraries or their affiliate partners (library foundations/trusts or Friends of Library) may send users information on our services, programs or requests to support the library. In connection with any library related fundraising, we may use and disclose your contact information to our affiliate partners. However, we will not disclose your borrowing information except as required by law.
Please Select If True
I do not wish to receive information concerning CCLS services and fundraising requests from the library or affiliate partners (library foundation/trust or Friends of Library)
I accept full responsibility for the proper care and safe return of materials borrowed and for payment of all charges incurred for this account and I agree to abide by the regulations and procedures o
Leave This Blank:
Receive an email copy of this form.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field
Slideshow Left Arrow
Slideshow Right Arrow